• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with SUMIFs Please

keasha

Hello there

Hoping someone can help me with SUMIFS for multiple criteria. I have added a workbook attached.

I am not sure how to write the formula.

In the first tab is the data to be returned (by team, classification ,FTE and $$)

in the second tab is the data

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• sumifs.xlsx
    564.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello there

Hoping someone can help me with SUMIFS for multiple criteria. I have added a workbook attached.

I am not sure how to write the formula.

In the first tab is the data to be returned (by team, classification ,FTE and $$)

in the second tab is the data

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

You can use sumproduct for the same as an another alternative:)

Thanks
Jaya S

Attachments

• sumifs.xlsx
    567.1 KB · Views: 4
It would appear that you have some serious data integrity issues.

p.s I have used array formulas to pick up the filter criteria because of their simplicity. It is possible to use relative referencing instead.

Attachments

• sumifs (PB).xlsx
    568.3 KB · Views: 5
I have just reimported my file to a machine with Excel 365 insider loaded to take the solution through modern Dynamic Arrays. It really is a gem when applied to problems of this kind. There is just one formula in the top left cell of each block and the criteria ranges can be generated from the source data using UNIQUE. Many data issues show up at this stage with lists that contain 'near duplicates' or other unanticipated values.

All of the traditional spreadsheet junk like relative referencing and 'copy down' goes into the trash can where it belongs :DD {evil grin}!

thanks Peter. all i am doing is trying to learn.i am most certainly not an expert just been tasked with something i have been wrestling with trying to do based on the data i have. thanks for your help its greatly appreciated.

Back