• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

help with macro for dynamically track elapsed time with 5minute visual alarms

Hi, becha!

Please do it and tell us if you succeeded or not.

De nada (you're welcome, de rien, and so on) :)

Regards!

it works beutifully

just like family guy's peter griffin founded the church of fonzie ...i now hereby hail the church of SirJB7 !!

:)

one thing Sir. would you please delete the feature of protect sheet. Itll be better not to have it turn on continually as it does on current version

please let me know and i will download the final version of the file

also does the file allow to copy the sheet so that i can have one sheet per one day (per date) for tracking results in a month?

finally can i use the autofilter feature during tracking process? or would the reocrds and vba code mess up because of using sort/search tools on the records during tracking process?

my outmost appreciation 2 you and thanks for giving without asking anything in return

Hi, becha!

For removing the automatic protection I recommend you to change the occurrences of:

-----

ProtectWS True

-----

by:

-----

ProtectWS False

-----

so you could easily revert the unprotection if needed at any moment.

About a worksheet per day maybe it'd be possible, I should rename the command buttons and check other things, maybe tomorrow but I don't guarantee that it's possible.

Glad you could solve it at last, it was just a matter or procedures. Thanks for your feedback and for your kind words too. And welcome back whenever needed or wanted.

Regards!

PS: Oh, I almost forget it: just send a couple of coins of those nice of your country, I think you call them golden fifty Mexican pesos :p

Sir. thanks to you

i have this concern for the time being

can i use the autofilter feature on the records, during tracking process? or would the reocrds and vba code mess up because of using sort/search tools on the records during tracking process?

Hi, becha!

First things first: what about the 2 coins?

Now: use auto filter without restrictions

Last things last: ... they became three coins now

Regards!

also...i cant spot where the ocurrence of ProtectWS is written after i clicked on the View Code feature. can you tell me where should i look for it?

gracias

fifty golden mex pesos are fedex'ing your way

:)

Hi, becha!

And now they are 4 coins, i.e. two hundred golden Mex pesos (please don't get confused with Arg pesos, delivery will be rejected).

This are the parts of the code of module ModuleOnTime where you should may the change described above:

-----

[pre]
Code:
Sub TrackingStart()
' end
'  range
Set pgRngTask = Nothing
'  protection
ProtectWS True
'  application
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
-----

-----

[pre][code]Sub TrackingStop()
'  error
On Error GoTo 0
'  protection
ProtectWS True
'  application
End Sub
-----

-----

[pre][code]Sub TrackingReset()
'  range
Set pgRngTask = Nothing
'  protection
ProtectWS True
'  application
End Sub
[/pre]
-----

-----

Sub TrackingEnable(pbEnable As Boolean)
' end
' range
Set pgRngTask = Nothing
' protection
ProtectWS True
' application
End Sub[/code][/pre]
-----

-----

Private Sub OnTimeAnything(piProcedure As Integer)
' end
' range
Set pgRngTask = Nothing
' protection
ProtectWS True
' application
End Sub[/code][/pre]
-----

Regards!

PS: You're a little weak not only in VBA macros for Excel but in math as well: 3 * 50 = 150, not 50, eh!

PS2: next time doubling instead of adding 1 will begin...

Hi, becha!

Download again the updated file from same previous link and check if it works duplicating sheets. I tried to fix the code but didn't test it thoroughly so that's your homework.

Regards!

Back