• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with formula to be divisible by a whole number

Standing bear

Hello I have a range of numbers and need to make a formula where that larger number can easily be divisible by a whole number in order to then have the price be near $20. It can be above or below but as close as possible to $20.

I know I’m sure I can use Goal Seek however I need to have it be a formula to be applied to the range of number variations.

Example below
Values the largest number is where these need to be divisible down to a whole number that is lower

these each have different prices
Value. Price
144. 3.25
24. 0.80
72. 9.75
50. 4.33
45. 1.24
5. 8.76
2. 0.22

So for instance with the 144 value that has a price of 3.25, what is the nearest whole number the 144 can be broken down to to make the total value of that multiples by the price to be near $20? Like how many units are needed to be divided down using the 144 that would be a whole number to be close either above or slightly below $20 order value?

@Standing bear,

Hi to you, and welcome to the board.

1} I know you are not new to us since you have registered to us in June 2021 for 2 years of time.

2] But I still attached our forum rule to you for read.

3] Please attached a file with examples data as per your above stated, but please give us the criteria and the expected results as well.

4] A lot of people in here want to help you, and I hope to have your reply in the earliest possible.

Bosco Yip

Thank you. My apologies. Please see attached example. I am very appreciative of your support and guidance.

Attachments

• Book.xlsx
    7.7 KB · Views: 10
Thank you. My apologies. Please see attached example. I am very appreciative of your support and guidance.

1] I think to use a ROUND function with digit 0, will round up to the nearest whole number. And will meet with you need.

Because Excel Formula use mathematic round, VBA use banker round.

So,

2[ In C2, formula copied down :

=ROUND(A$12/A2,0)

3] In D2, formula copied down :

=A2*C2

Last edited:
Using 365 you could go for the solution as a single dynamic range

Code:
= LET(
    roundedCount, MROUND(orderValue/Price, 1),
    HSTACK(roundedCount, roundedCount * Price)
  )
Equivalently
Code:
= LET(
    roundedAmt, MROUND(orderValue, +Price),
    HSTACK(roundedAmt/Price, roundedAmt)
  )

Attachments

• Book.xlsx
    15.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back