• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help with DAX formula

DJ

Hi All,

I need help with calculating team wise number of users who are visible in at least 2 months out of last 3 months data.

I have uploaded a sample file. Also a small desired result mentioned in same worksheet.

Thanks,

DJ

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi ,

It might make things clearer if you explain the logic for deriving the results you have shown.

1. We look at the users who appear in the month of March.

Suppose there are 4 users.

2. What is the meaning of :
team wise number of users who are visible in at least 2 months
Do we look at out of the 4 users , how many have appeared in both January and February ?

Or do we look at how many have appeared in January and February , or February and March , or January and March ?

When uploading a sample workbook , include as much data as possible , so that the logic of deriving the results is absolutely clear.

Otherwise , explain the logic precisely and comprehensively.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thank you for the reply.

Lets take this as a sample data for the users who visit a community page on daily basis (I created sample only for the single appearance of the users in a month).

Right now I have data for 3 months of these users. Some users visited that page in all 3 months and some in 2 of these three months and some visited only for a single month.

Now I want to see all who visited in at least 2 of the 3 months. Further I want to see it on Team level like from which team how many users are there who visited that community page in at least 2 of 3 months.

Hope I have explained it to my level best.

Thanks,
DJ

Hi ,

The point I mentioned has still not been clarified.

Given that you have 3 months of data , do you want the number of users from each team who visited in January and February , or February and March , or January and March ?

Let us take specific examples rather than discuss generalities. I am ignoring the criterion of teams and we can assume that all of the mentioned users are from the same team , but the principle will remain the same.

Suppose the users in January were A , C , D , F.

Suppose the users in February were B , C , D , F , G.

Suppose the users in March were A , B , C , D , F , G.

What would be the result that you would be looking for ?

Suppose the users in March were B , D , F ; what would be the result you are looking for ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

A, B & G are appearing in 2 months
C, D & F are appearing in 3 months

So users appearing in 2 months are 3
similarly users appearing in all 3 months are 3.

I wish I could upload file from my office system.....I'll try using my personal system to upload a pivot table based solution with the sample data I shared earlier so that you can understand how I want the results.

Thanks,
DJ

Hi Narayan,

Attached is pivot based solution.

Thanks,
DJ

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    17.6 KB · Views: 5
Please help me with the solution using DAX as my dataset is too large to handle in excel.

Hi All,

Is this possible to calculate that how many times a value is repeating?

For Example, lets assume I have some values in a column-A and it has duplicates as well. I want count of repeats in column-B like shown below:

Column1 Column2
A 8
A 8
A 8
A 8
B 4
B 4
C 5
C 5
C 5
C 5
B 4
B 4
A 8
A 8
A 8
A 8
C 5

This is too easy in excel but in DAX I am facing challenge to do so....once this is done, I will solve the original problem shared in this post.

Thanks,
DJ

Back