• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help please - Excel graph to show employee progression

Bastur

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie after a steer please.

I've got a 1000+ employee HR data file e.g. as per the picture attached.

What I'm trying to do is e.g. create a scatter graph of each employee's promotional progress over time of employment. To then plot a linear regression line through it to show an average it would take for e.g. a new grade 3 to become a grade 7. I think this would lean towards scatter plots X being time of months and y by salary grade.

The issue I think is an employee can have several jobs in their career, I'd want to see that on a graph with all their points of movement - it could be e.g. 6 different positions in their time. I've got over a thousand employees to plot.

Struggling for ideas, can you please point me in the right direction!?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Samir

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-232004.png
    Screenshot_20210417-232004.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 9
Bastur
Would You upload here an Excel sample file with data ?
and
someway done You expected scatter graph ... whatever it would need to be shown?

Hi Vletm,

Attached an example of the type of data I'm working with, except it has 1000+ employees, and each employee has moved to different job positions and salary grades over their career at my company.

I'm trying to plot each employee's change in salary grade over the time they've served on a graph. I was hoping to have an X vertical axis representing the salary grade, and the y horizontal axis representing number of months. End result is hope to see a line of progression for each employee over time, and then be able to plot a possible linear line of regression through all the lines to show some sort of average pattern.

Hope this is easier to understand!

Attachments

• HR Data Example.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 8
Bastur
Did You notice that I asked two things?
and

Should I able to find above from Your sent file?

Bastur
Did You notice that I asked two things?
and

Should I able to find above from Your sent file?
Hi,

Apologies, there's no scatter graph in the file; this is where I'm really struggling to present the data in a format that looks best. Any ideas or guidance would be great please - I said I'm a newbie!

Bastur
Your ...to present the data in a format that looks best.
What to do if those or any numbers don't look best?
... if those would give opposite image of Your data? Numbers don't lie.
If I would do eg one chart, which would show everything (1000+emps data)... that would look mess ... too much is too much!
You should have some kind of idea and image - what? how to use?
You could do it even with pencil and paper ...

Back