• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help on PowerBI Query

MrRoma

Hello guys!
Anyone would be able to help me on the following 2 queries that I am stuck in. I have tried few different things but no success. I am trying to do up a graphs for some specific scenarios.
I have different .csv files for different rounds, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4 and so on. In every file I have a Round and AccountID column, Account ID is unique across them. Structure example is at the bottom below.
My difficulties are:
1. I want to do up a graph where will show the number of users who played the the current round but also played the previous rounds. Example: Users who played the Round 3 but also played the Round 1 and 2 | Users who played the Round 4, but also played the Round 1, 2 and 3;
2. My second query is, I would like to show a graph where it shows the Total number of users in each round and also show the Number of NEW USERS. Example: Number of Users on Round 2, who Didn't play Round 1 | Number of Users on Round 3, who Didn't play Round 1 and 2 | Number of Users on Round 4, who Didn't play Round 1, 2 and 3, and so on.
Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• File Structure.png
    File Structure.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 4
I'd recommend uploading sample data in a workbook or zipped pbix file. Without it, bit difficult to help as we will need to manually recreate data to give you solution.

I'm looking at your data and Round2 is different from all the others in it's structure.
Is this intended?

Hello @Chihiro Thanks a million for looking into it.
Apologies, my bad, not sure how that happened. Here is the correct file attached.

Attachments

• Round2.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 2
Ok took a quick look...
  1. You don't have anyone that participated in more than 2 consecutive round. Not sure how you want data visualized? Do you have an idea of what it should look like?
  2. All rounds show same number of participants... Don't really see the point of doing data visual for this. Simple data card or matrix should suffice. As for new users each round... y
By the way, for both your question, best approach is to create calculated table or add calculated column via DAX or in query (for calculated column adding it using M code will be more performant than DAX). And add dimension table(s).

Back