• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

help in dashboard

Dee

hey!

I am creating monthly dashboard where i have 8 tables which contains on an average of 4 on an average of 6 rows and 7 columns. My boss is not interested in graphs and thinks that leadership team don't understand this...but i want it as they are simple n comprehensive.

Can you guys suggest me something in graphs.charts so that my boss accepts that.

Sample table:these are the column headings:

Region Pipeline(M $) Committed for month 2010 Projects(M$) Carryover($) YTD Impact(M$) 2010 Target (M $) YTD Gap (M $)

There is no simple answer to this question

Start by reading through the various posts and comments in

http://chandoo.org/wp/management-dashboards-excel/

A lot of these don't just talk about how to make a dashboard, but discuss how to best to present data and ideas, the feedback on various issues is good reading and may give you ideas.

Can you find examples on the net of similar businesses dashboards ?

Talk to the other managers in your business and find out what drives the business and what the boss expects to see weekly, monthly and try and work around that to start with.

Use excel to make lots of mock ups showing the data in various formats and run them past your boss. If he wants trends and projections give it to him textually and graphically.

Good luck

Back