• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Guidelines for Donations

dparteka

I'm hoping this is the correct forum for this and if not then I apologize.

I've searched the site for some kind of guidelines for giving donations but have not found much, except that it would make me awesome to do so... I am open to becoming awesome, but I do have just two questions.

How is it that when I click the Donate button there are only two members available, is this a ninja only feature?

What is a typical or average donation amount?

@dparteka

The Donations page was setup as a central place to consolidate donations to people who assist you with problems

https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/donate-support-our-ninjas.18150/

re-iterating the rules as stated there

Keep this in mind while donating:
  • 100% of your donations go to the ninja you are donating to. Chandoo.org takes no portion of your money.
  • Please email or PM the ninja if you need a tax-invoice or receipt for your donation.
  • Donations are not refundable, neither they guarantee that your question will be answered promptly etc.
  • Thanks for being awesome & considering a donation.
So far only LukeM and I participate

I can't comment for LukeM but most donations I receive are in the U$10-20 range. I have had a few U$5 and I have had a few U$100 donations for bigger problems or very appreciative donors.
Consider that at best these maybe worked out at $10 per Hour for me I don't make a living of these donations.
In fact I donate all my Donations to Charity.

Considering that to hire an Excel Consultant in Australia or America you would pay between $100-150/Hr and we are doing the work for your businesses or helping you with your job, a small token of appreciation is a huge return on your investment both financially and in terms of maintaining your credibility.

@dparteka

The Donations page was setup as a central place to consolidate donations to people who assist you with problems

https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/donate-support-our-ninjas.18150/

re-iterating the rules as stated there

Keep this in mind while donating:
  • 100% of your donations go to the ninja you are donating to. Chandoo.org takes no portion of your money.
  • Please email or PM the ninja if you need a tax-invoice or receipt for your donation.
  • Donations are not refundable, neither they guarantee that your question will be answered promptly etc.
  • Thanks for being awesome & considering a donation.
So far only LukeM and I participate

I can't comment for LukeM but most donations I receive are in the U$10-20 range. I have had a few U$5 and I have had a few U$100 donations for bigger problems or very appreciative donors.
Consider that at best these maybe worked out at $10 per Hour for me I don't make a living of these donations.
In fact I donate all my Donations to Charity.

Considering that to hire an Excel Consultant in Australia or America you would pay between $100-150/Hr and we are doing the work for your businesses or helping you with your job, a small token of appreciation is a huge return on your investment both financially and in terms of maintaining your credibility.

Thank you Hui... very helpful information
Best reguards

I would echo Hui's comments. I think we originally set the donation page up as a response to some people who wanted to extend a small thanks. Most of my donations have been in the $5-20 USD range. Thanks for asking! :)

Back