• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

From where can I increase the width of it?

deepakbathla

Greetings Guys...

Deepak here,

I have made the Column Chart, This column chart width is very small but i want to increase the coloumn chart width, from where can i increase the width of it.

please suggest me asap.

Rgds

Deepak Bathla

98-912-72628

Hi Deepak,

Select the chart, click "format" under "Chart Tool", at the dead right corner you will find two boxes under "size"....change the numbers to adjust the width(lower box is for width) and size as well if you want.

Kaushik

Dear Kaushik,

Thanks 4 it...!

But was saying that i want to increase the width of Pole in Column chart, what i made it...

plz suggest me

Rgds

Deepak Bathla

If I understand your problem correctly, then you need to select the data series, go to format data series (right-clicking for example) and reduce the gap width.

Reducing the gap width increases the column width.

Hope that helps. If we're not addressing your issue correctly then I suggest you upload an example file.

- Juanito

Hello Juanito,

Thanks a lot...!

From ur suggestion its working but m making the chart Date-wise full month (01st-31st Aug'12)

Suppose....On X Axis Date 01 Aug'12 02 Aug'12 03 Aug'12.......31st Aug'12

On Y Axis Data 250 500 150 ........ 450

Yet its Showing slim pole.....but i want 2 increase it.

please revert me.

Rgds

Deepak Bathla

Hi,

For Plot Area & Chart Area you can increase the width size by the following method:

1. select the Plot Area or Chart Area (as soon as you selected there will be 8 black squares round the area) drag and increase or decrease the size.

If you want to increase the column (Bar) with then

(i) For 2007: Select the column bar right click select format data series then increase or decrease the gap with option

(ii)For 2003: Select the column bar right click select format data series then go to option tab there you can find gap with to increase or decrease

Thanks,

Suresh Kumar S

Hi Deepak -

With 31 elements your columns will always be thin becuase there are so many of them, unless you stretch the chart a long way sideways but then you'll probably have trouble visualizing it properly.

Normally, when you're looking at a time series like in this case, a line chart is a better idea than a column chart. The line shows you the trend over time: the columns aren't really telling you anything. So try changing chart type and see if you like it better.

Does that help?

- Juanito

Back