• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula for changing date to custom d-mmm-yy

UNAB

Hi

I have a long list of dates that are fomatted as 3-12-13 that I want to format under custom date as d-mmm-yy. 12-Mar-13. I tried to do this but it does not change. I tried to change it to a number and that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Una

http://rapidshare.com/files/805666827/FormatDates.xlsx or http://my.rapidshare.com/UNAB/15854

Hi Betty!

In B7.. write formula as

Code:
=SUBSTITUTE(REPLACE(MID(A7,4,3)&A7,7,3,""),"-","/")+0

Regards,

Deb

Hi Una,

Try this also..

Code:
=REPLACE(MID(A7,4,3)&A7,7,3,"")+0

PS:

Do me a favor...

* Open Excel..>

* Press Alt + F11 >

* Press CTRL + G >

write 

? Application.International(xlDateSeparator)

Can you please confirm the output.. I guess "-"

Regards,

Deb

Hi UNAB

Nothing fancy required for that and no need for a formula!

Select the data A7:A350 > Data Tab > Text to Columns > Delimited > Next > Next > Tick the Date: & select MDY > Finish > Format as required.

Or if you really want a formula, in say B7 and copy down: =DATE(RIGHT(A7,4),LEFT(A7,2),MID(A7,4,2))

Thanks Deb & Kevin!!!!!!!!!! I have been away from the formum trying to use the formulas that have been so graciously provided to try to facilitate the processing of over 1000 claims that need to be billing witin two days. I will try the formulas above as soon as possible.

Deb - when I try to follow your directions (I may not be doing it right) I get a Go To reference box - I put in ? Application.International(xlDateSeparator) wherever I could, nothing happened.

Thanks

Hi, UNAB!

Despite if Debraj Roy's instructions work for you or not, why not sticking to any of both methods from Kevin@Radstock that work fine?

Regards!

Back