• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Fixing the Font Size of a Formula-driven Chart Title

Robapottamus

Hello

I have a large number of charts, of which the titles are driven via a formula linking to their relevant cell on a separate worksheet.

For some reason, the titles have decided to default themselves to size 18 font rather than my desired size 12 font. This means that every time i reopen the workbook after firstly having resetted the font size and saving the document, the titles on about half of the charts are reverting to the size 18 font.

I am not sure if the following info might help to diagnose:

-I am resetting the fonts manually, not using any VBA (i.e. 1. CLick on the Title, 2. click on the Font size button on the ribbon, 3. change font size to 12).

-Most of the charts have been created by copying existing charts and changing the data source

It must be something to do with the format of the cell titles, but i cannot seem to pinpoint it. Has anyone had this issue before?

thanks

Rob

Select your charts

Right Click Properties

On the Properties Tab,

Select the Don't Move or Size with Cells Option

Save your file

Thanks Hui, that seems to have worked at this stage.

As an aside, I wonder what the solution would be if I only had 1 chart, as "Size and Properties" appears to be only accessable when multiple charts selected?

If you want to do this on a single chart then--- Select your chart go to Format…in the end there would be a size box(Height & width box) beside the label size you will see a downward arrow….click on it… then properties & Movement as required.

Hi There I am revisiting this post as the above fix appears not to have resolved my issue. The chart titles are still reverting back to their initial font size (way too big). All of the charts have the "Don't Move or Size with Cells Option" ticked.

Any other suggestions I could try?

The workbook is going out to multiple users, so I wonder perhaps whether it is an Excel default chart title issue on their computers?

Hi Rob ,

I am not able to reproduce your problem ; when I change the Title Font , it stays changed , and does not revert back to the earlier size.

Have you tried changing the Font ? By default , the font is +Body ( at least on my PC ) ; of course I have changed between this default font and Arial , and it did not make any difference.

Narayan

Hi Narayan

Yes it is a strange problem. After ticking the "Don't Move or Size with Cells" option it seems to have solved the problem for myself, however the problem appears to still prevail when other users have been in the spreadsheet. I wonder if alternative versions of Excel have something to do with it(I am using 2007, some others are on 2010).

I have not tried changing the font yet i might try that.

Back