1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Finding threads started by a user that I'm watching.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by p45cal, Aug 5, 2018.

1. p45cal

p45cal Well-Known Member

When considering responding to a member's question I often like to look back to see if I've participated in any other thread that that user has started, and if I have, then I open that thread to see what kind of acknowledgent that member may/may not have given.

I've discovered here that I can go to the member's profile page, choose the Postings tab, at the bottom of which I can click on Find all threads by nnnnn.
    I was hoping there'd be the spectacles icon upload_2018-8-5_18-42-47.png against each thread I'd participated in (actually thread I'm watching) like there is on any of Chandoo's forum start pages, but there isn't!

1. Is there a shorter way to get to a member's started threads list?
    2. Is there any way I can quickly determine which threads I'm watching in that list?

This functionality exists on vBulletin-based forums.
  2. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

3. p45cal

p45cal Well-Known Member

perhaps not…
    Even if I search for my own p45cal among threads started by a member, I get No results found (and no spectacle icons either).
  4. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

I found one ...
    Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 13.12.25.png
    .. and if I search my ... I'll get all mine.
  5. p45cal

p45cal Well-Known Member

That's not what I asked.
    I want all theirs, that I'm watching (the latter showing by the spectacles icon is good enough).
  6. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

Didn't You try to solve next?
    Finding threads started by a user that I'm watching
    For me, that's not all of their ... only started .. hmm?
    Okay