• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Find current month balance loan repayment sum

Yvonneyeong

Im looking for help!!!
What's the formula to find up-to-date "Outstanding Balances" if:

Total Payable sum = $168,600.00
Monthly Installment = $5,620.00
Interest Rate = 4.31% p.a.
Tenure = 30 months
Contract from 16/06/2018 ~ 16/11/2020

Attachments

• HP Listing test.xlsx
    41.9 KB · Views: 4
What is the interest rate in your last example. Why have you added a new example with no explanation. How does this compare to the examples in your post 1. Incomplete information results in no answer.

What is the interest rate in your last example. Why have you added a new example with no explanation. How does this compare to the examples in your post 1. Incomplete information results in no answer.

Alan,
Sorry for the mistake i've made. The balance outstanding loan amount during Jun2019 should be 95,540.00.
Enclosed herewith HP Schedule for your kind reference. Actually i need the formula which can show in the summary listing instead of i'm open the HP Schedule file to check.

Attachments

• HP Sch_ORIX 2018 (126910).xlsx
    16.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I don't understand your interest calculation. Normal calculation would be Outstanding Balance times interest divided by 12 as you are charging monthly. I believe that because you are using some other calculation, using Excel formulas to calculate Present Value arrives at a different value. I am stumped and will leave this for someone else to help.

I don't understand your interest calculation. Normal calculation would be Outstanding Balance times interest divided by 12 as you are charging monthly. I believe that because you are using some other calculation, using Excel formulas to calculate Present Value arrives at a different value. I am stumped and will leave this for someone else to help.

Thanks for your help. Actually i'm using Financial calculation: "Sum of Digit" format to count the interest. :)

Back