• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filter 2 conditions not working

Why would this formula not work:
=FILTER(MainTable[D/O]<>"N/A")+(MainTable[D/O]<>" "))

Table is named MainTable Column header is D/O
It returns the whole table with all the typed in N/A's not the error N/A just a typed value N/A?

Regards,
Dorothy A

the + is an OR in the filter
so IF rthe same table column header - does NOT = a space " "
i suspect most of the column does not have a space
"" is a blank

A good sample workbook has just 10-20 rows of representative data that has been desensitised. It also has expected results mocked up, relevant cells highlighted and a few explanatory notes.

Why would this formula not work:
=FILTER(MainTable[D/O]<>"N/A")+(MainTable[D/O]<>" "))
1. It's missing the first argument, that is, what you want to filter.
2. Not sure what you want to filter for, but a guess:
Code:
=FILTER(MainTable,(MainTable[D/O]<>"N/A")*(MainTable[D/O]<>""))
3. If there's a real error in the column D/O you'll probably only see a single cell with that error in it.

Oh yea sorry I forgot to put the 1st maintable on here but it is in my formula but I tried the >" " that part works but it is still bringing over the "N/A" 's not sure why.

ok, but that part of the formula is looking for a space
also the + is an OR
as mentioned a few times now , by myself and others
A good sample workbook has just 10-20 rows of representative data that has been desensitised. It also has expected results mocked up, relevant cells highlighted and a few explanatory notes.

ok, but that part of the formula is looking for a space
also the + is an OR
as mentioned a few times now , by myself and others
Yes I want to filter out N/A 's & blank rows. Only want rows over that have a date value in it.
Chat AI suggested
=FILTER(MainTable,ISNUMBER(DateValue(MainTable[D/O])))
But that gives me a #Calc! Error. So there must be something in the table messing it up.

i will ask just one more time and also point out AGAIN that
" " is a space and NOT a blank, "" is a blank

i can nolonger help with out a good sample sheet - showing the data, the EXPECTED results and WHY

I am so sorry it seems the problem was that there were no blank rows in the table so I filtered out only N/A & that worked. Thank you all for all your help! & patience. It is greatly appreciated!!!

Back