• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Fill colour based on dropdown list selection

so i have made up a reference grid
on sheet3
which has a 1 in the row/column where you want yellow

not on sheet1 I have used conditional formatting , using this formula
=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet3!$B$2:$U$11)*(Sheet3!$A$2:$A$11=Sheet1!$A2)*(Sheet3!$B$1:$U$1=Sheet1!B$1))

NOW when you change the drop down - which i suspect is what you want to do - it will highlight the fruits/columns based on that gris

but i dont think your exmple posted represents the REAL data

any way
on sheet 1 change any dropdown on A column and the fill will change to match the patten on sheet3
Hi Etaf, you deserve a trophy. Please share the knowledge, where did you learn excel and for how long have you been doing it? I applied what you did and honestly, you left me speechless. LOL

glad its working for you
I started with lotus 123 in the 80's and then used the 1st version of excel
My career was in Business Information Management , Performance , KPI, business planning etc etc - so have developed excel for business analysis and review for well on 30years before retiring in 2016 , Since retiring , I have helped out on a lot of technical forums and also on various Excel forums providing solutions and learning a lot as well

Last edited:
glad its working for you
I started with lotus 123 in the 80's and then used the 1st version of excel
My career was in Business Information Management , Performance , KPI, business planning etc etc - so have developed excel for business analysis and review for well on 30years before retiring in 2016 , Since retiring , I have helped out on a lot of technical forums and also on various Excel forums providing solutions and learning a lot as well
Wow, have you written an excel book yet? It would help a lot of people like myself.

Wow, have you written an excel book yet? It would help a lot of people like myself.
no not my thing, and 100's of books already out there from people much better than I. I'm not an excel pefectionist, nor do i know a lot of the latest functions , I just enjoy business and looking for a business solution using information and excel is a tool to that end - hence why i enjoy providing answers to excel questions on forums like this , its about the solution to enable someone to achive the thing theey are after - and a lot of the time, i do NOT know the answer , which is why a forum is so good, as other members will often come up with a solution and I learn - Or just post another way to do the same thing , and again I learn - pretty much happens most days as well.
keeps the brian active as i get older ....
Thanks for the compliment

Back