• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel07 Solution to automatically copy data from one .xls and paste into another

sunshine292

Hi,

I've been scraping my brain over this and I'm lost. I get excel spreadsheets (financials, weekly numbers) every week and I need to update my annual reporting spreadsheet so that I can provide it to my boss. Now my boss wants to improve efficiency and the ability to "push a button" which will automatically update the spreadsheet with the numbers. I do not want to do a cell reference, as the annual reporting spreadsheet gets emailed to others (we do not have a shared drive location).

I am wondering if anyone knows a macro that can automatically copy data from one workbook and paste it to an exact location in another workbook.

Thank you in advance for your help. I am very appreciative.

Sunshine

If you use direct references as you suggested, when the other people open the spreadsheet, the values will be maintained even though the links cannot be re-established.

Alternatively, setup one or 2 pages where the data is linked and then when you send out the spreadsheet, send a copy and copy those areas which are linked as values.

Back