• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel VBA Adding Zero in Number String

Gunasekaran

Since I am only new to Visual Basic, I don't know much about programming. I have now manually processed this work.

In my Organization Fin Companies 001 to 999 Order, I download the Master dump file from the ERP system. Rather than showing all <100 Fin Companies, it shows only two digits instead of three digits

To update '002 or '083 or '088 in this format, I need to update ('xxx) this format manually. What is the best way to update this format via VBA. I have more than 3 laksh lines in my Master data dump at the moment

This Special format didn't work for my formula when I tried that General function.

Fin Comp

I need output should be

Fin Comp
'012
'023
'034
'098

Gunasekaran
You numbers look real numbers then
You could do custom format 000 to that column.
Then those Your numbers would have 'pre-zeros' as needs.

Gunasekaran
You numbers look real numbers then
You could do custom format 000 to that column.
Then those Your numbers would have 'pre-zeros' as needs.
Hi Sir as I mentioned, I no need Custom Format method. If I change custom Format, Its shows like Special format,.

But I need number stored as text format.. Because if I press F2 and see, It will display zero. But Custom format, if I press F2 and see, it's not displaying Zero. Please once again refer this screen shot.

Attachments

• numberformat.PNG
    numberformat.PNG
    36.8 KB · Views: 5
Gunasekaran
I won't start modify Your ... screen shot.
Why do You need to change numbers to text?
Why You cannot do as with Excel-file?
B-column has something as You've shown in #1 reply.
D-column shows with pre-zeros.
Why do You press F2?

Attachments

• gunasekaran.xlsx
    8.5 KB · Views: 0
In my Organization Fin Companies 001 to 999 Order, I download the Master dump file from the ERP system. Rather than showing all <100 Fin Companies, it shows only two digits instead of three digits
Just a bad import so to be revised rather than transforming a posteriori the data under Excel …​
So the question is how the data is badly imported under Excel ?!​

Back