• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel to PPT retaining Rich Text Formatting

tsaravana

Hi All,

I have a Macro which pulls data from an Excel and Populates it in PPT.
The challenge that i have currently is while exporting i loose the Rich Text Formatting in the ppt.
Is there a way by which this can be achieved.

regards,
Saravanan

Saravanan

Try using the Search box at the top right of this page
There has been a number of posts written on transferring data to PowerPoint

Saravanan

Try using the Search box at the top right of this page
There has been a number of posts written on transferring data to PowerPoint

Hui, I tried to search for a solution for the Problem i had posted, couldnt come across one.

Find below a better description of the same Problem:

"We download data from SharePoint to Access, from Access we process the data and move it to Excel and from there it is finally moved to PowerPoint as Statuses.

SharePoint -- > MS Access -- > Excel -- > PowerPoint

While moving the text fields which have RTF in SharePoint to the final destination in PowerPoint we are not able to carry over the formatting.

We will be able to get the RTF fields as HTML till Access either we convert to RTF in Excel and move it to PowerPoint or apply the formatting it finally in PowerPoint itself.

Either way we are not able to find a solution. "

Let me know if i have missed something.

Hi Saravanan ,

Can you upload a sample Excel workbook , which contains data in RTF , and which you need to be transferred to Powerpoint ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

The data from SharePoint which is in RTF will be in HTML format in Excel.

A sample data which can be read from a cell could be like this :
<html><strong>This is BOLD </strong><em>This is Italicized <font color=#ff0000>This is RED</font></em><em><strong>This is BOLD Italicized <u>This is nderlined</u></strong></em><strong><em><font color=#ff0000>This RED BOLD</font></em></strong><ul><li><strong><em><font color=#ff0000>Bullet 1</font></em></strong></li><li><strong><em><font color=#ff0000>Bullet 2</font></em></strong></li></ul></html>

regards,
Saravanan

Hi Saravanan ,

What has RTF got to do with this !

The data is purely HTML data with HTML tags ; what is the purpose of getting data in this format from Sharepoint to Access to Excel to Powerpoint !?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

RTF can be downloaded into Access in HTML format.
The final data rests in Excel before it gets transferred to PPT.
Does this answer your question .. Let me know if you need further details.

regards,
Saravanan

Hi Narayan,

I have tried this solution, if there is a line break tag in the HTML then in Excel the output is in multiple rows.
If this can be formatted within a single cell, then copying from Excel and moving to PPT is a one way of doing it.

The other approach would be to parse the HTML and write it directly in the ppt, for which i am trying.

regards,
Saravanan

Back