• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Shapes

Jet Fusion

Hi,

How do I get a shape to change colour when that corrosponding sheet is active. If that sheet is active the the other shapes all stay the same color?
In the attached file, the grey color is what the shape should look like when active, the other sheets that are not active must be the blue. I don't want VBA code.

Thanks

Attachments

• Shapes.xlsm
    78.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi there,
Why don't you make a blue/grey version of each "button". And use the blue one on the "active" sheet and the greys for all others.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, sounds great, I just don't know how to do it o_O when I copy the one that works, it keeps it the same colour even if it's active or not o_O:eek::rolleyes:

use the format painter, that works on shapes too.

EDIT: remove hyperlink first, then use format painter, then put hyperlinks back. This file is now without hyperlinks.

Attachments

• Copy of Shapes.xlsm
    70.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
@GraH - Guido thanks for the reply, but format painter didn't work.

If you look at the test tab it does not show the colour when active but when you click on Dashboard and Attendence it changes when active.

Attachments

• Shapes.xlsm
    25 KB · Views: 3
Hi again,
Format painter is working, as I did it on both your files without problem.

Thus offering a new alternative:
  1. -Copy a grey shape x-times and change text.
  2. -Copy a blue shape x- times and change text
  3. -Cut/paste each shape on the correct sheet. Add the correct hyperlinks

Hi again,
Format painter is working, as I did it on both your files without problem.

Thus offering a new alternative:
  1. -Copy a grey shape x-times and change text.
  2. -Copy a blue shape x- times and change text
  3. -Cut/paste each shape on the correct sheet. Add the correct hyperlinks
Ok, can you please send the file for me to look at?

Why no VBA? You already have a macro-enabled workbook with some pretty sophisticated looking stuff.
If you choose to move sheet using buttons rather than the sheet tabs it is worth going through with it to create the illusion that one is not moving between sheets at all, simply loading new content to the original sheet. For that to work, you need to hide the sheet tabs (which give the game away) and as a new sheet becomes active the scroll position and zoom level need to be set to match the original. Of course the shape locations must also be a perfect match.

Why no VBA? You already have a macro-enabled workbook with some pretty sophisticated looking stuff.
If you choose to move sheet using buttons rather than the sheet tabs it is worth going through with it to create the illusion that one is not moving between sheets at all, simply loading new content to the original sheet. For that to work, you need to hide the sheet tabs (which give the game away) and as a new sheet becomes active the scroll position and zoom level need to be set to match the original. Of course the shape locations must also be a perfect match.
Hi Peter, thanks, I think because I'm setting up the workbook, all sheets are visible so i think thats why I was getting confused with the colour of the tab not changing when on the active sheet. I most def want to use buttons to move to sheets and eventually the other sheets will be hidden. Will have another look into it :cool::)

Back