• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Language Translation

Hui,

I can honestly say that I've only used the English one's - and you've probably guessed not all of those either :)

Great link thanks

In case you are interested, You can also download it as an Excel file.

http://wwwhome.ewi.utwente.nl/~trieschn/excel/function_lookup.xls

(From the same link)

Is there a way in Excel 2007 version to convert from English into other languages?

Currently I have a page with columns in English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portugese, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish. I just use index + match to look up the correct column when a user click on a pull down menu to pick his/her local language to work on a form. paying for translation can be quite expensive.

And on the 2010 (I'm not using it currently so I don't know how it works) version, would the whole worksheet get translated into a foreign language, or can the workbook creater specify only certain cells to be translated? Sometimes, you may have a different product name in a different country and direct translation may not be the right way to do so.

@fred

Hi!

As you might have read I use a spanish version of Excel, and each day as well as I'm growing older I'm too getting lazier to translate each formula, lot of them more complex than what I'd like to do it straightly without consulting the same sources you mentioned... so I've been working a little on workarounds... and I'm nearly done... well, I won't lie to you: I'm done yet.

In a couple of days I'll let you know about something interesting up my sleeve.

Regards!

@fred

Hi!

If still interested in translation between languages, please give a look at this topic: http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/excel-multilanguage-formula-translator-and-function-reference

Regards!

Back