• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Date Formula

Hi, I am working on project reporting sheet. The issue I am having are:

1. If the Planned start date and Actual start date are same I am getting 1 day as the difference when it should be 0. I tried adding -1 at the end of the formula and that gives me -1 as answer. Same thing for planned end date and actual end date.

2. I do want to see if the project started early so conditional formatting formula of (=IF(the formula cell <0, "",the formula cell) doesn't work

Please help. What am I doing wrong?

Sample attached.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Date-Calculation.xlsx
    52.8 KB · Views: 8
H, Hazra,

For 1 - you can check with if condition (if the both values are same then result should be zero "0")

For 2 - see condition formatting required True / false and values and your formula return blank and formula -

sample formula

=IF(the formula cell <0, 0,the formula cell) = 0 then x color
=IF(the formula cell <0, 0,the formula cell) = 1 then y color

Hi, I am working on project reporting sheet. The issue I am having are:

1. If the Planned start date and Actual start date are same I am getting 1 day as the difference when it should be 0. I tried adding -1 at the end of the formula and that gives me -1 as answer. Same thing for planned end date and actual end date.

2. I do want to see if the project started early so conditional formatting formula of (=IF(the formula cell <0, "",the formula cell) doesn't work

Please help. What am I doing wrong?

Sample attached.

Thank you in advance

Thank you for your response. Somehow the IF formula when I use it as a new rule in Conditional formatting doesn't seem to be working. When I use the same formula without conditional formatting as a test it works! I am lost.:(

Hi, Got it! I changed the formula itself instead of conditional formatting. It works now. Thank you for your input which helped me think differently!

Back