• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel 2007 question

chaosincarnate

Morning,

Interesting problem.....

I am copying and pasting from a searchable PDF a checklist (also hand typing it) and every time I type the word "Designated" or "Requirements" in a block I get ############################# to show up. Doesn't matter where in the sentence it is. The words are still there but its acting like a formula.

I have the cell marked as TEXT. Took off any conditional formatting if there was one.

This is what I have entered into the cell.

5. Designated alert forces, such as IRCs and DRBs will establish operational plans and procedures to adequately identify and plan for a sufficient level of Class 9 repair parts support to sustain deploying equipment during the initial period of deployed operations.

Any help would be appreciated.

The #### means that either your column is too narrow to display all the next, or you have a date formatted cell that contains a negative number. Since it doesn't sound like the latter, I recommend widening your column(s).

Widened , made it wrap around, made it 4in x 4in still get the #######, double checked to see if i had made it a formula.. nope.....

Hmm. Referencing here:

http://www.sqldrill.com/excel/miscellaneous-excel-subjects/991232-i-type-text-into-cell-get-pound-signs-instead.html

I'd suggest changing the format to "General". Apparently Excel has a problem with "text" that exceeds 255 characters. (your sentence is 265)

Back