• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel 2007 Data Input Form

Dafe

Hello Deepak

Can you please help me to code the attached file (POTracker) excel form to send data from the form directly to the sample spreadsheet (POTracker). When a user is filling the form, I would also want the form to automatically retrieve data from the spreadsheet (If data exist in spreadsheet) and display in the text boxes (Vendor Name, vendor Contact, Country, Phone, Email) once the user clicks on "VC" (Vendor Code) and send back the populated data along with other data from other text boxes to a new row in the spreadsheet. Please see attached similar vba file (Copy of inputform1.xls).

Attachments

• POTracker.xlsm
    28.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Copy of inputform1.xls
    75.5 KB · Views: 6
Hello Deepak

Can you please help me to code the attached file (POTracker) excel form to send data from the form directly to the sample spreadsheet (POTracker). When a user is filling the form, I would also want the form to automatically retrieve data from the spreadsheet (If data exist in spreadsheet) and display in the text boxes (Vendor Name, vendor Contact, Country, Phone, Email) once the user clicks on "VC" (Vendor Code) and send back the populated data along with other data from other text boxes to a new row in the spreadsheet. Please see attached similar vba file (Copy of inputform1.xls).

Yes Deepak, just help me to code the buttons to work the same way as the sample file - "Copy of inputform1.xls" and also code the VC text box as well. For example, whenever a user enters a vendor code in the VC text box, the result checks the spreadsheet for repeated vendor code number with repeated information like Vendor Name, vendor Contact, Country, Phone, Email for that specific VC number and automatically displays this information in the form. The idea for coding the VC textbox is to avoid re-typing information for Vendor Name, vendor Contact, Country, Phone, and Email. But if the VC number is a new number then the information for (Vendor Name, vendor Contact, Country, Phone, Email) will remain blank and the user will have to fill-out the whole text boxes for (Vendor Name, vendor Contact, Country, Phone, Email).

Please help me with the coding because I am a novice in programming. I would like to make a contribution for this project.

Back