• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Error bar modification on timelines

steevem

Hello everyone,

I have been at this for a couple of days with no luck, maybe someone can help me out. I am working on a time line for which I need to add individual error bars, so far I have been able to add the same error bar to all of the labels, but I am not permitted to modify them on an individual bases, I have tried customizing them and it still does not work, they actually disappear. I am not sure what I can be doing incorrectly.

I only have 6 columns, date, event, heigh, axis and label. I am not sure if using Excel for MAC might have something to do with it.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve ,

Do you think this is of help ?

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticles/create-a-timeline.html

If not , can you post some data , and specify what you want to display on your chart ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thank you for the link, I found it a little bit ago as well and it had the perfect info.

Thank you so much for taking the time.

Cheers,

Steeve

Steevem

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org forums

I Don't believe error bars can be individually customised by point

You can of course have multiple overlapping series and try to customise each series error bars separately

Use the NA() to force data points on other series to not display

steevem,

The other way would be to define the error bars for each point in a series. Assuming a series line with 4 points, and you want the error bar on 2 and 3rds point, you could use a set of cells with these values:

0, 1, 2, 0

and then use those cells to define the error bar value. There's "technically" still an error bar on the 1st and 4th point; they just have no value.

Of course, my interpretation of your question was about sizing. If you were trying to change colors, this approach will not help. =/

Back