• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Enabling user to fill and name empty 'project' worksheets

mochj

Hello,

I'm working on my first finance dashboard. New to dashboards and haven't previously done anything more than use the ocassional forumla in Excel. I'm totally stuck trying to build the worksheets to allow the user to rename and populate the 'empty' project sheets for new projects during the year. I intended to add 10 dummy worksheets with default values (having created about 20 that I'll build into the dashboard) so the user can rename sheetname and populate the finance data input fields. If I create linked forumals using the existing dummy worksheet sheetname it won't work when they're renamed. I've pulled sheetname into a cell on each worksheet but don't know how to use this is the dashboard variables. Completely stumped!!

BY the way the dashboard includes conditional formatting and graphs linked to the project worksheet data.

Thanks in advance.

If I create linked forumals using the existing dummy worksheet sheetname it won't work when they're renamed. I've pulled sheetname into a cell on each worksheet but don't know how to use this is the dashboard variables.

Why do you say that? When you rename sheets, excel takes care of the formula renaming... Am I missing something ? (unless you are using indirect formulas...)

Oh yes, so it does! Told you I didn't use Excel much - learning all the time. So I can create a whole set of framework worksheets. Problem solved. Thanks.

Back