• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

employee vacation tracker & dashboard won't update vacation type

RachaelK

Hi,
I downloaded the employee vacation tracker & dashboard, but am unable to change the names of the vacation type table without corrupting. Is it possible to have a copy emailed?

Also, I'm trying to make it work for the whole year following clues in comments thread but without much success. Help with that would be fantastic or if a copy like that exists for purchase or donation that would be equally great.

When I replaced the employees with our firm's employees and gave them Dec 2013 vacation test data, I now have ref errors for the max & min formulas in cells CR10, CS10, CR12 & CS12 as well as the absent/present data in cells CX3, CY3, CX4 & CY4. Is this because my test data is in Dec 2013 and my calendar doesn't seem to update past Nov 2013? I will change my dates, but if that is not the reason, then I would appreciate help with that too.

Thank you!

Hi, RachaelK!

AFAI could see it's preset for up to 50 employees, despite of the fact that it lets you add employees in column L of 1st worksheet (I added Zack 1 to Zack 100, until row 130). So I went to the 3rd worksheet and copied down last row (#50) to accommodate all new ones. But then it raised the error of cells CR:CS 8:10, which have fixed the end of the range to $65; change it as required (in my test file $141). I assume that there should be issues too with the range of columns D:CQ, but I don't know as I not even checked what they're for.

So my advice is this: it's a sample and free file, it should specify the constraints introduced at design time (I don't know if it does since I just followed your link) but it doesn't, so you should be careful when extending it past the actual extents and adjust it by yourself.

Despite of this, you could write Chandoo (there're links in the main page) suggesting the modifications that you consider are required; but I insist, it's free, ergo take it as it is, anything else is not guaranteed.

Regards!

Thank you so much! We are 65 and no doubt I blew it up :) I can work on that now that you have helped me identify the problem.

Hi, RachaelK!
Glad to help you. Thanks for your feedback and for your kind words too. And welcome back whenever needed or wanted.
Regards!

Back