• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Employee & Companies Dashboard

lomer

Hi all,

Can someone help me with a dashboard that will display the employee documentation for renewal and the companies documentation for renewal?

For the employees i have 5 different documents and 7 locations. 2 of these documents need to be for each location.

Companies: i have 9 companies and for each company i have 7 documents with different expiration date(1 can have 3 years validity and 1 can have 3 months) and each company needs to have these documents for all 7 location. 9(comp)*7(doc)*7(location).

Please help.

@vletm...i tried to upload a file with a sample but i don't know why when i press "Upload a file" and i go where is my sample, i cannot find my document(i saved the sample in different format and still the same)
Yes, you're right, but i cannot upload a sample.

@lomer
What is full name of Your sample file?
What is a size of it? (less than 1M!) if over, then save it to .xlsb-format.
If still over 1M, then read once instructions how to upload bigger files.

@vletm
the problem was that i have and add-on - ABP that didn't allow the page script to display the little window with the upload document.
I disable the add-on and this is the sample.

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    89.1 KB · Views: 50
@lomer - the 1st check
What is connection with
'Employee List' - 'Licence and Certifications' Employee & ID -columns?
Are You sure that sample file has enough/correct data?
Please, compare with Your 1st message.

@vletm
I found 1 dashboard in the forum and i can use it for what i need. I think i can modify that one to my needs, because to think one from the scratch is very difficult.
Thank you very much!

@lomer
Hello again,
I found that Your named file.
I made 'some modifications' ... deleted calculation sheet.
After that I sent it to Eibi ... and he said that I can share it free.
I read that You had some questions and so.
I think some of those could be solved with this version ...
Test it, if You've time

Attachments

• lomer1.xlsb
    118.4 KB · Views: 78
@vletm
First of all, thank you for your time.

I think that the final version made by @eibi is very very useful because for there you can add, delete or modify anything.
For example, in Upcoming Events by date, I've added a new column "company" and made a formula to lookup for the employee name and show the company(see attachment).

Of course, i did different modification to the dashboard made by @eibi to be exactly like i want. @eibi is a master because he visualized everything, but the best thing in his dashboard is "90 days" tracker for each employee.

In the one made by you, by deleting the calculation sheet, the dashboard won't update by himself and you need to search manually for each employee.

One again, thank you very much for your time and help.

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 34
@lomer
'My sent version' is my first this kind of sheet ...
and of course without separate formula sheet.
If You need to modify any 'formula', then You do modification 'only one place', no need to 'copy & paste'.
The greater point could be that no need to be worry, if user delete any of formulas from 'Dashboard' (except [C2], which should update with normal Updating). That 'deleted cell' can be missing for long time ( Is there all formulas?).
'My sent version', just update the sheet and all information will update.
'My sent version' will update automatic after user activates Dashboard-sheet and it can update also activate by pressing 'the blue title'.
You can see 'licence informations' also by moving mouse over 'colorful cell'.
I asked @eibi about past events (the sample file has those too, which 'my' shows too), those 'yellow' cells.
You can track each 'Employ name', activate any wanted name (B-column) and You will see information (row 5).
There is possible to make many kind of changes to this,
but this version tries to show/act like
the Master's @eibi's Dashboard.
I learnt a lot and I'll study more.

@vletm
The only user will be me.
That's why will be easy in case that I'll delete any formula or smthing, because i will know what to do.

Tip 1: Use the drop down lists for Document Name and Location in the License and Certifications sheet to be faster to fill.

Tip 2: write a formula that will calculate for you the expiration date from the signed date, knowing the certification expiration(in months). I made this formula and if i don't have a doc name, than IF will show "No doc" (see samples 2).

Like i told you, from the @eibi dashboard you can go whatever you want and make many things.

Attachments

• sample 2.jpg
    sample 2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 48
Back