• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

embedded vlookup with division

Uvalet

I am not sure if the lingo I am using is correct, but I can explain the problem I am having and hopefully someone can help.

I manage a valet and I am trying to keep track of parking productivity. I have a table with a column that lists all the valets names and a column that lists how many cars they parked in one day. My goal is to have a column that calculates how many cars they park per hour. The problem is that each of the valets work a different number of hours per day depdending on the day of the week. So, I have a different table that has a column with each of the valet's names and a separate column of each day of the week that lists how many hours they work that day. I need a formula that can check the day of the week, then choose the proper column to get the hours worked for that day, match to the correct valet name, and then divide the number of cars parked that day by the number of hours worked. Does that make sense? I figure it must have something to do with a vlookup?

Thanks,

Spencer

Uvalet

Can you post the Fields and associated Ranges

ie: Date A2:A100, Valet, B2: B100, No Parked C2:C100

and where the hours are

Date H2:H100, Valet, I2: I100, Hrs J2:J100

etc

Sure, here are the fields associated:

Valet Name B8:B24

Total Cars per Day F8:F24

Then on a separate worksheet

Valet Name B8:B24

Monday C8:C24

Tuesday D8:D24

Wednesday E8:E24

Thursday F8:F24

Friday G8:G24

Each of the columns entitled with a day of the week have the number of hours each valet works that day.

My goal is to have the formula check for the right day, then divide the number of cars by the hours worked that day.

*Note I usually do this for the previous days numbers. So today, I need the data from yesterday. The formula that checks which day to get the hours from should be the previous day, not the current day.

THANKS in advance, hopefully there is a solution to this.

Back