• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Embed Google Map in to Excel

Shaun

Hi All,

Using Excel 2016, I would like to be able to insert a Google Map image for a given address. This could be either an embedded map or just an image of the map

The workbook may call for multiple embedded maps or images of maps for multiple addresses.

The Microsoft Web Browser add-in does not work in Excel 2016, so all the guides I have found on the web are not particularly helpful and I am not in the position to be able to edit the registry to force it to work.

Does anyone know how this could be achieved?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Shaun.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your reply.

My issue is not so much about the maps or the API, it is about getting the map to display with Excel.

Previously it could be done through the ActiveX Control "Microsoft Web Browser", however this functionality appears to have been removed in Excel 2016 (possibly in 2013) as I am receiving a message telling me:

Some Googling suggest that editing the registry may fix this problem, however it is not an option available to my circumstances.

I am not sure PowerQuery will provide a solution either.

Is anyone aware of an alternative to the ActiveX Control "Microsoft Web Browser"?

Cheers,

Shaun

Back