• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamically adjusting dates for 13-month and one-month charting

rickramz

I have a large list of my daily readings (blood glucose, Blood Pressure, and weight) for monitoring my Type II diabetes. I have two charts associated with this data, a 13-month chart (current month and 12 previous months) and a one-month, showing daily readings, trend-lines and 30-day moving averages.

I have to deal with monthly manually editing the date ranges for my 13-month chart, and creating a new one-month chart tab for the current month. This monthly task is a nuisance chore, but more importantly, it prevents my sharing this spreadsheet with others who do not know excel. How can I effect an automatic update of the date ranges of the 13-month chart, and cause the new monthly chart tabs to be created automagically? This will allow me to share with other diabetics.

Hi Rickramz,

Welcome to Chandoo.org forums and thanks for your question.

There are many ways to do this. The simplest is to use formulas and make everything dynamic. With this method, all you have to do is focus on data entry and your body readings. Excel will update the charts & latest monthly chart automatically. You can then save the chart to a word / image and share it with anyone.

See this attached example to understand how to go forward.

http://img.chandoo.org/playground/daily-readings.xlsx

thank you Chandoo - I've already discerned that I need to learn much more about formulas, and I think there's going to be a lot of vlookup and offset in my future - I'll spend some time with your example later today.

Back