• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Lookup

Manuel998

Hi I am trying to get a lookup that if i select the req parameters from the data validation dropdown then it should dynamically update the lookup outcome. I have used a vlookup match but this does not work. Hope someone can help?

Thanks

Attachments

• Dashboards.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 17
Which cell should have a formula ?formula should be in cell d31

What should this formula do ? Basically I need a dynamic lookup so if I change the parameters in the data validation then the formula will update this automatically eg if i choose mtd rather than wtd the formula should go in the mtd colum. Hope this makes sense the parameters are in the block named data validation parameters. Thanks in advance.

Narayan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

I am still confused ; the range C6:C14 is repeated in the range D6:D14.

There are 3 Data Validation dropdowns in C25 , C26 and C27 ; I have no idea what should be done with the dropdowns in C25 and C26.

You have mentioned that if C27 is selected mtd , then , and I quote :
the formula should go in the mtd colum
I have no idea what this means , since WTD covers 3 columns , MTD covers 3 columns and YTD covers 3 columns.

It would all be crystal clear if instead of just xxxxxx all over the place , you could have some numbers , and then indicate what should be the value that should be output by the formula in D31.

Narayan

hi,

re attached. so the Exam Q is,
if I pick the parameters (from Data validation parameters) say e.g UK FSO TAS, FY18 Jul Wk 2 , WTD & Actual then cell D31 = 802. If i change the Parameters to UK FSO TAS, FY18 Jul Wk 2 , MTD & Plan D31 = 611.

Attachments

• Dashboards.xlsx
    15.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

So far, I didn't understand the logic behind putting Data validation -Parameters (FY18 Jul Wk2),as it is not reflecting in your data range..

although I have tried from my end putting formula without including your parameter (FY18 Jul Wk2) and it is giving the same result which is required to you..

regards
Naresh

Attachments

• Dashboards (1).xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 7
Back