• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Drill down by click or double click on a specific column of the chart

LukasP

Hello,
I can't find any help/tutorials that would help me to build drill downs just by clicking on a column of the chart embedded on a worksheet (just like you do in PowerBI). Any ideas how to, for example, display with use of MsgBoxes names of category below clicked column?

Attachments

• ChandooChart.xlsx
    13.8 KB · Views: 10
If you would use a pivot chart, it is possible via the mouse right click menu.
But not on standard charts. Note that in BI they actually are based on data model, thus like pivot.

Thank you very much for a valuable answer! I'll try to go the way that you have pointed but just out of my curiosity what about using class modules?

Yes, i mean VBA. My boss want an excel dashboard with some of the features that are available in Power BI dashboards, such as drilldowns by clicking a column on a bar or column chart:)

Well, i'm not quite sure. Maybe it's because dashboard used to be in excel an co-workers get used to it...i don't know:)

The point being: deliver what is needed, not wanted or requested :) The latter often come with many change requests.
Are you sure you want to go VBA? Can you manage to maintain the code afterwards?

It might be a good Idea to move the thread to the VBA forum (I'm asking @Luke M ? since you are connected and I can't do such thing). Improves your luck of getting the answer you are after.

Back