• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Doing a Function on each Element of a Column and pasting it next to Element

Palantir

Hello, I am new to the forums, and starting to learn VBA. Great Site. I have a question, some help would be much appreciated.

What I am doing is, on Sheet 1, I have a column [A1:A10} containing values [1-10]. On Sheet 2, I take each element of the Sheet 1 column, and multiply by 2(or do another fxn), and place the result right next to the Sheet 1 Column so it should look something like this:

A B

1 2

2 4

3 6

4 8

5 10

6 12

10 20

The function I will be using on Sheet2 is actually different, I am just using x2 to better understand how to write it. I think I will need to do a loop, but I am quite unsure on some of the details.

Appreciate the response, however, Sheet2 doesn't have a column, rather it is just one function on the sheet, and I want to put all the elements of Sheet1!Column A through that function.

You can use the Data Table command

Have a read of http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/05/06/data-tables-monte-carlo-simulations-in-excel-a-comprehensive-guide/

Back