• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Depreciation Calculation

Hi,

Into data, I have mentioned no. of months and investment amount incurred into different years.

I want depreciation calculation from investment years onward and depreciation should automatically turns zero post expiry of life.

For ex : If life is 48 months(4 years) then depreciation from 5th year onward should be zero

Attachments

• Copy of QUERY FOR DEP CALCULATION.xlsx
    17.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi ,

Will the start and end dates always be the beginning of the month i.e. will the capitalization period always be a whole number of months , or can there be a fractional part of a month also ?

Narayan

Hi ,

I don't have the time or the inclination or the Excel mastery to cater to multiple investments in one row.

I think you should change the way the data is input so that every row has only one investment which is capitalized.

Narayan

Sir,

Our major asset is capitalized in the beginning of the month.
Could you please suggest considering that option only

Regards
Neeraj Kumar Agarwal

Hi ,

The issue is not the capitalization dates ; it is that if you have multiple investments in one row , as you have in C7 , isolating the investment dates , and then applying the Life in B7 to each individually is beyond me.

If there is only one investment date in C7 , then it becomes easier.

Narayan

Back