• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Delete Raws

nnavarro

Auto Delete Rows

I have a huge sheet (data dump) in which I keep data for many companies “20”. My manual process is as follows: (1) Filter in column A and delete all data called “indirect”. This leaves me with rows called “direct” only. (2) Filter in column B and delete companies not equal to “data selected eg. Union”. I do this by using a drop down validation list that is referenced from another page. After this, I am left with “direct” data for company “union” only.

I do this activity for 20 companies at least 45 times per month. I would like to automate this but don’t know enough to create a macro. Can someone help me create code to do this activity with the push of a bottom?

Thanks,

nnavarro

Nnavarro

Have a look at

http://chandoo.org/wp/2012/05/14/vba-move-data-from-one-sheet-to-multiple-sheets/

Hi Hui,

This is some really nice stuff. Thank for the tip. I really enjoyed it! My problem is a bit different. Let’s say that I get a file from my supervisor every day with sales data from every country, but I am only interested in the US, UK, & Canada. I have a data validation list at the top of the sheet with these three options. The manual process is (1) Filter by country and deselect the US. (2) Go back and delete all rows that are still showing (other than US). (3) Deselect the US. (4) Applied another filter. Let’s call it region 1. (5) Deselect region 1. (6) Go back delete all rows (other than region 1). (7) Deselect region 1. This is nice because now I only have

Can these two options be combined into one macro? For instance, if I get a new data dump later on that day but now I only wanted to run it for Canada. Can I get data for Canada region 2 only?

Thanks for the help.

nnavarro

Hi, mnavarro!

Answered at this other similar topic of yours:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/auto-delete-rows

Regards!

Back