• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dashboarding

Hi All,
Can anyone help me in creating dashboarding like as we work on many projects received by our company, few projects are like weekly basis, monthly, quarter and hourly basis.
I am not getting how to merge them and see where we stand if I talk about this quarter. Is there anyway that I can make a dashboard on payment wise and hours wise like how much we had to receive and how much we have received AND same like how many hours we have given and how much we had to give.
Pls advice.

Hi vletm,
Suppose Project Name is A, B, C, D,
Involvement is 2 weeks, 160 Hours, 4 weeks, Quarterly
Amount is like $2000 for A and received only $1400 till today,
for B $5000 full amount received
For C 40% amt received,
For D 75% amt received.
LIKE this is the data from this I want to make a dashboard for my manager, so that he can view in one go and can analyse.

Hi deepak,

iam to aware of your question byt i uploaded one of my dashboard to get the data in multiple crietria , please check i maybe help full to you.

Attachments

• DATA_CON.xlsb
    18 KB · Views: 24
Deepak Sharma
Four 'Projects',
Involvement is 2 weeks, 160 Hours, 4 weeks, Quarterly - okay
and totally three values to show?
and something 'amt'?
Hmm ... maybe You would recheck those my #1 and #2 or how?
and after that think again that #3.
What kind of analyse could someone do with those data?
Any ideas?

actually my boss wants to know is there any project is getting delay or if we have given extra hours, that should be billable...and in amount he wants to know how much we had to receive and how much we have received.

Hi vletm,
Suppose Project Name is A, B, C, D,
Involvement is 2 weeks, 160 Hours, 4 weeks, Quarterly
Amount is like $2000 for A and received only $1400 till today,
for B $5000 full amount received
For C 40% amt received,
For D 75% amt received.
LIKE this is the data from this I want to make a dashboard for my manager, so that he can view in one go and can analyse.
Hi ,

Instead of posting your data in this fashion , can you create a worksheet , and then upload your workbook , so that for others to suggest a working formula becomes that much easier ?

Narayan

I have just uploaded the workbook. I don't know how to prepare dashboards for payments and billable hours. Pls help.

Attachments

• Dashboards.xlsx
    345.2 KB · Views: 38
Hi ,

I can understand that the worksheet tabs named Bandbaja , Attitude Bio , and ASCE , are to do with individual customers / projects.

The worksheet tabs named Payment Dashboard and Hours Dashboard should have as little data entry as possible , since a dashboard , by definition , is supposed to expose as little raw data as possible to the end user ; what the end user sees is only processed data , preferably in the form of charts and other visual displays.

The user can be given interactive access , so that they can vary what they see.

Secondly , the project names mentioned on the tabs named Payment Dashboard and Hours Dashboard should match the names of the worksheet tabs , which in turn should match the project names in cell B2 of each of the individual customer / project tabs , so that the formulae become simple.

Lastly , you need to mention the following :

What are the outputs you want , in what format and in which cells in which worksheet tabs ?

How are these outputs to be derived ? What is the raw data on which they will be dependent , and what kind of calculations will have to done on the raw data to derive the outputs ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan, Worksheet tab names with Bandbaja like they are project names, I putted individually details of each project.

IN Payment dashboard and Hours dashboard in second column project names are matching, I need to work on these two tabs only.

Projects are different actually, few comes for weekly billing basis, few for quarterly, few for monthly. So I don't know how to convert them into hours to be on same platform for making a compiled report.

There is not any specific plan to make dashboard in any particular format, you can advice which format will be suitable.

I want to make charts of something like that different charts for amounts and hours. Like how much we had to spend & how much we have consumed. How much we had to receive and how much we have received. Two different charts so that my boss can analyse in ONE Go.

Deepak Sharma

Hi ,

If you want a proper solution , please give specific references to worksheet cells / columns / rows.

Instead of mentioning amounts and hours , be more specific as in :

I want to sum up all the values in the range J7:J237 , customer-wise , so that for each customer in the range B7:B237 , I get the total of the values in the range J7:J237.

Narayan

Back