• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dashboard Table - Scroll CHALLENGE

Amaral_rui

Hi Guys!

I have the most complicated challenge to date in almighy Excel.

We have two tables, a raw data table and a user dashboard table.

They are linked together with the offset function (please see Creating a Scrollable List View in Dashboard);

- http://chandoo.org/wp/2008/08/20/create-kpi-dashboards-excel-1/

Is it possible to create a user dashboard table with the scrolling function AND the user can input information on the table and it automatically updates the information in the raw data table? Difficult? What´s your opinion on this?

Thanks for your time!

Rui

My initial shot would be to use a formula page that calculates/displays all information using the user's input as criteria. Then, I'd use the scroll bar with an OFFSET function to return a subset of the formula page information to the dashboard.

Hi Amaral Rui,

If you are fine with using VBA coding then you can allow editing the dashboard table, and provide a button coded to work as update function. On click on update, the data from the dashboard table will be updated in raw table, and formula are pasted back in table.

I know this is total deviation from your expected answer, but this would still serve the purpose.

Regards,

Prasad DN

Back