• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dasboard Help

Rose Torres

Hello All,

I am very new to creating dashboards and am going online and trying to learn as much as possible. I am trying to create a dashboard that will show me information when I choose a date or an event. If I choose the date option then certain information will show or if I choose the event option other information will show. I was hoping to have someone just guide me. I truly want to learn this but I am having a hard time searching for what i want.
Thank you.

Regards,
Rose

Attachments

• Sample Dasboard PML Events.xlsx
    24.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi Rose Torres
Exactly what do you want in Dashboard Sheet, please show me some example
I have updated the spreadsheet and on the dashboard sheet I have put some ideas. Basically in my head I want to be able to pick a date or week or month and it will display all the courses for that time period and where they stand.
Also I think this is called a slicer but am not sure. I also want to be able to pick from a drop down list the course and have all the information displayed to include dates.
I added more stuff to the spreadsheet and will continue. Guidance is what I am looking for so I can learn.

Give a man fish he eats for a day, show a man how to fish , he has food forever.

Thank you for responding and I hope we can discuss the spreadsheet further.

Kindly check with Cell K2 Drop down, whether right or wrong, pls revert me.

Attachments

• Sample Dasboard PML Events.xlsm
    41.1 KB · Views: 7
Yes. I see that you added a unique column and the other column had each course with a number if they duplicated. This I understand and can repeat when I add more courses. Do I have to keep them grouped when I add?

Can you explain why you created a Slab sheet? I am not understanding this one.

Also, once we get to year 2019, the previous years should not show unless selected by date.

I added what I think would be for the date, but am trying to still figure it out.

Attachments

• Sample Dasboard PML Events.xlsx
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
I created "Slab" Sheet for Data Validation purposes
Sheet > PracticeDashboard
Cell > K2
find below screen shot

upload_2018-9-19_16-55-0.png

& Change date format as I mentioned in attach

Attachments

• Date Format.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 3
Thank you. I did the dates sheet completely wrong. It now has an extra step and I am unsure of how to correct. I now have two data sheets instead of one because I wanted to give the option of selection by course or month. Some sheets are hidden. But you can unhide easily. Thank you.

Attachments

• Sample To Send Dasboard PML Events.xlsm
    78.5 KB · Views: 15
Back