• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Daily Reporting - trying to use the correct lookup

Hi everyone! There are a couple of daily reports that I am responsible for that I am still doing a lot of manual updating and wondering if a H lookup will work. This is what I have:

1. The actual data is an Access database that updates every night. So when I open the report, I use a data refresh and it gives me the information from the day before, that sits in my pivot table.

2. Then I go to the visual sheet with the graphs and that information is automatically populated based on the Pivot Table updated, except for the graphs.

3. I have a little spreadsheet on the side that I update daily actuals to refect column "U" instead of column "t" from the day before. So I manually have to update all of that for my graphs to populate the daily vs. actual and then have the variance as an XY Scatter.

My question is, is there a way that I can make this more automatated where I do not have to always change the formula to reflect the next day?

Hi, Nikki91775!

Consider uploading a sample file (including manual examples of desired output if applicable), it'd be very useful for those who read this and might be able to help you. Thank you. Give a look at the green sticky posts at this forums main page for uploading guidelines.

If not, maybe you'd extract any idea from here:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/use-vba-to-copy-a-column-into-the-next-empty-column

Regards!

Thank you. I had to pick one that was not blocked from our servers.

Here is the link

https://hotfile.com/dl/224842792/46d606e/sample.xlsx.html

Hi, Nikki91175!

Just to skip the learning process, do you refer to the "Daily Actual" AF5AJ5 and "MTD Actual" AF9:AJ9 of the "FOM DATA" AE2:AJ11 ranges?

And to the "Daily Actual" AF17:AH17 and "MTD Actual" AF21:AH21 of the "GPD DATA" AE14:AI23 ranges?

If so, how would you determinate which column from D:Y should you use?

Regards!

Hi, I got it solved this morning. I am using a HLOOKUP and I put the date at the top of the sheet and them I am using a reference to look up the next day so all I have to do is open the sheet, click refresh and all my data is there. I also looked at a learning thing here on how to format data labels to automatically refect green or red based on - or +. So a sheet that would take me 10 minutes to do before will take me about 30 seconds to complete.

Thanks for your help. I am learning a great amount of Excel features from this forum.

Hi, Nikki91775!

Glad you solved it. Thanks for your feedback and welcome back whenever needed or wanted.

Regards!

Back