• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Custom MsgBox icon like vbCritical

PipBoy808

I'm looking to create custom MsgBox warning messages in VBA that are triggered whenever certain actions are undertaken. I could use the vbCritical icon to highlight the fact that this is an error, but I'd rather insert a custom image to tell the user that what they're doing is not possible within an Excel tool. Is there a way to incorporate custom images? Is there a directory with stock images that VBA refers to, perhaps?​

In short, no, you can't change a MsgBox beyond the options built-in. :(

If you really want custom images, you'll need to design your own UserForm. That would let you insert whatever images/text you desire.

Hi, PipBoy808!
I'm always looking for flexibilities that seems to be logical and not only in Excel but on most MS products, but lots of high walls have taught me in the hard way that Redmond guys don't have the following words in their dictionary:
- logic
- flexibility
- common sense
- user friendliness
... and the list might go on.
Regards!
PS: I'm always fearing that in new versions of any software it might appears a constraint like that of 640Kb of RAM.

@Krishnakumar
Hi!
Interesting stuff for personal or local installation uses, but with the drawback of distributable add-in issue. For non-personal usage I always try to avoid including add-ins and even more third party add-ins.
Regards!

@robinzzon3
Hi!
Nice icon sets, but not applicable to the question posted by OP.
Regards!

Back