• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Count unique records in one column based on information in 2nd column

nairnin

Good Morning,

I am trying to count unique records in column A based on whether Column H is a positive number.

If column H = $0.00 I do not want to count the corresponding record number in Column A.

I have used the following formula to count the unique records but I cannot figure out how to do it based on the second column criteria.

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A:A,A:A)>0,1))

As this type of question has been asked many times before, there's several threads with solutions to them. I recommend starting there:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/formula-to-count-unique-values-with-criteria

The only difference is that instead of using a =Something condition, you're using a >0 Criteria.

Copy this formula in your result column row 1 and press Ctrl Shift Enter all together. copy down the formula as required and then sum the values in the end.

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1*(h1>0),0,1)

Thank you Shailyog, however this does not count unique records in column A. Luke I have looked at the other posts and when I try to use them, excel is giving me an error.

Here is what my report looks like:

A B C D E F G H

Account number Amount

1 … … … … … … $0.00

2 … … … … … … $3,500.00

3 … … … … … … $4,000.00

4 … … … … … … $4,500.00

5 … … … … … … $5,500.00

5 … … … … … … $5,000.00

6 … … … … … … $6,000.00

7 … … … … … … $7,000.00

The answer I am looking for in this senario is 6. Also the answer is going in column H below the informaton

Thank you so much for the help with this!

This formula will produce the correct answer to example.

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(H1:H10>0,MATCH(A1:A10,A1:A10,0)),ROW(A1:A10)-ROW(H1)+1),1))

Adjust array sizes as needed. Confirm formula using Ctrl+Shift+Enter not just Enter.

Back