• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Convert English data in a cell to Punjabi language in the adjacent cell automatically

Sir/Madam. I want to convert English words in a cell to Punjabi language in the right side cell automatically. What i mean is that when i'm typing in a cell any English word it should be displayed in Punjabi language in the next cell after pressing enter. Eg: If i type loading in English in Cell A1, then ਲੋੜਿੰਗ should be displayed in Cell B1.
I've just joined a new job and the bosses sons are asking too much from me as far as excel sheets are concerned. i'm not an expert so please help me ASAP.
Thank You.
Pritpal Singh.

Marc L
As OP has written ...
... If i type loading in English in Cell A1, then ਲੋੜਿੰਗ should be displayed in Cell B1...
... the bosses sons are asking too much from me as far as excel sheets

... those parts are a challenge.

It wasn't a challenge a few years ago with common languages just calling​
a request on a translator website but was working only under Windows …​
Since Excel 2013 it may be achieved with a 'WebService' formula so without any code.​

Marc L
'may be' won't be enough for the bosses sons.
I remember that few ... months ago ... You offered same kind of solution as I'm offering now - list of words.
I googled ... "WebService" .. and seems that 'Punjabi' is missing from translated language list.
and ..
The Microsoft Excel functions have been localized into many languages.
hmm... I haven't use word 'loading' with Excel-functions ... have You?
Original 'hope' is convert English words in a cell to Punjabi language...
hmm?

As it depends​
  • if any Punjabi translator website
  • on the Excel version
the reason why I wrote 'may' …​

Well, thank you everybody. My problem has been solved. i've found a website that coverts English into Punjabi instantly. Here's the link. All we have to do is type the Punjabi words in English and press space, it converts the text in Punjabi font. http://punjabi.indiatyping.com/ .
I just copy and paste the result in the B1 cell and have used the VLOOKUP for auto input in the main sheet.
Thanks once again everybody.

Back