• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional formatting for due dates and over due dates

smmohta08

I have a list of payments to be made in a project and wish to see rows carrying the due dates falling 7 days before today and seven days after today to be highlighted. for example I have due dates 11-march-2013, 25th March 2013 and 21st march 2013 and today is 15th march 2013 the rows carrying 11th and 21st should be highlighted.

Assuming the a due date is in B2, CF formula is:

=AND($B2<=TODAY()+7,$B2>=TODAY()-7)

Format as desired.

Hi, I am working with EXCEL a bit more than summing and "student work" for a while now, and trying to circumvent a good while learning syntax :) so:

I have a slightly similar task at hand. I have a workbook with several sheets. In the first sheet I reference a lot of data from the other sheets, like overview pane. In one row, I reference to cells from other sheets, namely dates. With conditional formatting I would like to format using pattern 1 everything within a week, patern 2 everything between one week past and 2 weeks past, pattern 3 everything older than 2 weeks (always referencing the date to TODAY()

I tried to adjust the above CF formula, ending with

=<TODAY()-7

which I suppose tranlates into "between today and seven days past", yielding no highlighting though. Insofar, the only highlighting occurs when the rule is set up "Specific text" "containing" "=TODAY()"

I suppose there is one tidious way, to make 14 rules, one for each day, but I see that sort of defeating the purpose of automation.

I use "Sheet1!C5" types of references.

F1 please

I am enrolling in the excell class but that ain't happening in short enough time.

Appreciate any help. Cheers!

Raymond

Good day rszebin

It is not good practice to bury your question in some one else's post even if your question is similar. It is referred to as hijacking and is frowned on.

Those who have visited may not come back and those who have not visited may not do so as they will not see any reason to do so.

A new post with a clear title will get a better response and attract more interest from forum members.

Hi, I am obviously new to the forum.

@bobhc: I am sorry for "hijacking" I just wanted to keep things relevant. I shall hence desist from such actions. Thanks for the heads-up.

@ Chandoo: thanks for the help! See you in class soon ;)

Back