• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Filter

I am trying to apply condition filters in my file.
I want to add four button (Involvement, Regions, Sectors, and Channel) that will contain the data in the list provided in excel.

The first button (Involvement) will show Y and N. So when I click on Y, it wall apply the filters in column B, and list all the data wherever there is Y, and if the data selected is N, then all the data with N will get listed.

The 2nd button (Region), will show the list given in spreadsheet (E3:E13), and whenever I click on any data in that button, it will apply filter to column X, and list the respective data if the list contains the selected data.

The 3rd button (Sector), will show the list given in spreadsheet (F3:F21), and whenever I click on any data in that button, it will apply filter to column Y, and list the respective data if the list contains the selected data.

The 4th button (Channel), will show the list given in spreadsheet (G3:G4), and whenever I click on any data in that button, it will apply filter to column Z, and list the respective data if the list contains the selected data.

Attachments

• Conditional Filter.xlsm
    234 KB · Views: 5
Hi,
I guess the best & the easier way is to apply Pivot table & use slicers for filtering.
I have just shown a sample in the attached file. Kindly ref sheet2.

The slicers can be rearranged & customized.

Attachments

• Conditional Filter.xlsm
    423.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi ,

When a member has put in some effort , time and knowledge to post a solution which they think may help , your 8 word feedback effectively ensures that you will get no further replies.

You can always wait and see whether other members are more helpful.

Or you can explain , in at least a hundred words , what did not help you in the suggested solution , so that the same member who offered that solution may be interested enough to suggest another , more appropriate solution.

Your explanation of why the offered solution did not help , may also be useful to others who might be thinking of helping out.

The above hundred words are meant to be helpful ; please do not take them otherwise.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

I truly m apologetic that I couldn't provide a proper feedback and couldn't even explain, why the solution provided was not the once I was looking for.

I will surely provide a proper feedback and explanation.

It maynot be in hundred words, but whatever words I will put in, will worth it.

Manish

In this request, I was actulally looking to apply filters by using contain filter, not just by matching the whole text, I was hoping if there is any way so that a few drop downs can be created, and under which each data entry in the drop down will be linked to the table.

So, if I click on central, then it will go searching the region column, and it will return all the entries wherever there is central in the region, it might be the case, where the entry can be like CentralNortheast, CentralAmericas, WestCentral. So whenever I click on central it should return all the entries wherever the data contains central.

The same methodology will be applied to other drop downs too.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

Hi ,

The selection of Involvement , Region , Sector or Channel , can be done by providing Data Validation dropdowns , as long as only single selections are possible ; this will be the easiest way to do this.

Only if multiple selections are possible do we have to go in for Listboxes / Comboboxes.

I assume that multiple selections are not possible i.e. once the data has been filtered on a particular selection of Involvement , now if a particular Region selection is done , the earlier filter on Involvement will be cleared , and the new filter only on Region will be applied ; is this OK ?

Narayan

Hi,

Thank you so much for providing this information, it would be helpful if you could provide me the solution you are suggest.

And one more thing, isn't there any vba code to do so. If not, can u please send me a revised version of the spreadsheet with the solution u suggested

Hi Narayan,

Thank you very much for the solution, however all the filters look fine, but for channel drop down also there would be only two data i.e. 1,2 and NA, the filter should also work with contains just like other dropdown and filters.

And I would also like to know how you created the conditional filters.

Thanks,
Manish

Back