• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Combine like items Macro

Petar Willhite

Hello All,

Since my last question was such answered so well I figured I would bring another question here.

I am wanting to combine like items while deleting items that were combined. There is a few restrictions I need the format the data is in to remain consistent, and if the cells are to be combined it will be based on if two columns match.

So for example based on the attached file:

Looking at Row 2 first Column C and Column D are of interest. Then if Column C and Column D in Row 3 match combine there QTY (Column E). And so on...

I know this may be a lot. I appreciate the help this level of coding is past my knowledge base.

Petar

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi:

If its just adding quarterly figures with same categories I guess you can use a pivot, I didn't get the part where you talk about deletion though.

Thanks

I tried using a pivot table but it will not keep the data organized in the same way that it currently is. And when I was talking about deletion that would not of been the best way to describe it. I was trying to say that if 24 items can be combined into 1 row sum there totals and then remove the other 23 that were combined.

Thanks

Back