• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Circular Reference

Hi,

I came across a new issue in Circular Reference which doesn't say the cell reference in which there is a problem.

Please help me with the attached error message. I have many excels and very few cells without a formula. In this scenario, its very difficult for me to find without any idea of where the problem is.

Kindly help.

Regards, Ramnath

Attachments

• Circular Reference Error.png
    Circular Reference Error.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
Try checking Formula tab in Ribbon tools.
In Formula Auditing section you should see Error Checking.

There, you will find "Circular References"

I have already tried all of these. Even I have gone to each and every sheet and looked at Error Checking for any Cell reference. But nothing can be found.

This kind of error is beyond the menu commands and I am not sure how to resolve it.

Check if it shows in status bar.
upload_2016-7-20_14-24-36.png

Make sure Iterative calculation option is turned off. Found under Formulas->Calculation options in Excel Options menu.
upload_2016-7-20_14-26-55.png

Edit: If non of the above solves your issue... upload your workbook or send via private conversation or email ckanai76[at]gmail[dot]com and I can take a look

Thanks Chihiro. I doubted one formula and fixed it. After that everything seems to work fine.

The reason why Excel was unable to point a cell, should be there were 2 references which were referring to each other. May be that's the reason why Excel was not able to point out one single cell as an issue.

Anyways, thank you so much for being so prompt and I really treasure your help.

Regards, Ramnath

Back