• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Chart Suggestions for Showing Positions from Survey

Mark Brown

Hi,

I'm going to have to do some work based around the position of my business in a survey across various different questions. I was hoping someone could possibly suggest a chart type on what would be suited best? I originally looked at Stacked Column chart and having 20 sections (the total number of businesses taking place in the same survey) each equal to 1, having all the sections not filled and only colouring in the position that my business finished in i.e the top one if we finished 1st in a certain section.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - thanks.

I have attached a file showing what I've tried to explain.

Attachments

• Survey Positions.xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 7
This may not be what you need, but this is what came to mind.
I change the bussiness into modul A to J instead of 1 to 20 and its interactive, you can view the modul that you want (ex, only your bussiness/modul)
Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Copy of Survey Positions Srikandi.xlsx
    20.3 KB · Views: 7
I just did 2 versions of your chart. Slightly different way of calculation & made it dynamic. Using sample data.

To be honest not much can be done with your data since you want to show all businesses in 1 chart.

For the percentage thing I suppose technically you could use it as a gauge chart per question but not much else. In the end no matter what chart type you use there aren't that many permutations.

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    134.1 KB · Views: 10
Back