• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Chart shows 4 quarters in 4 years

Huy Nguyen

Hello,

I read an article on Barron's street today about Apple and they have a chart that show 4 consecutive quarters in 4 years. I wish to know how to construct this chart. Can someone please help me?

Attachments

• Total iPhones Sold Chart.jpg
    Total iPhones Sold Chart.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi Huy,

Welcome to Chandoo.org Forum,

See the attached file. Is this match your requirement?

Regards,

Attachments

• Huy_Chandoo.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 8
Hi Somendra Misra

Thank you so much for your quick response. I did not expect that someone would get back to me this fast.

I think I wasn't clear in my question. If you take a look at the picture I attached, it shows 4 quarters in 1 year and repeat for other 3 years. Yours shows only Q2 of 4 years. Is it possible to show 4 consecutive quarters in 1 year?

@Huy Nguyen

OK....See the attached the axis of year is textbox laid over graph and linked to year cells.

Just advise if any issue.

Regards,

Attachments

• Huy_Chandoo.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi Somendra Misra,

This is perfect. Thank you very much. I hope this is not too much to ask but I'm wondering if we can narrow the gap between the years as in the picture? In your graph, I understand that it has one column and we trick Excel to make it look like a gap. But I mean the chart in the picture looks more smooth. I'm just curious. If it's impossible to do, I'm happy with your solution. And thanks again.

@Huy Nguyen

See the attached file. Please note this is not a single graph but four graphs allign on the same axis with some text boxes.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Attachments

• Huy_Chandoo.xlsx
    22 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back