• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Change Pivot Table data source from Excel table to Access db

rolo

Hi and thanks in advance!!!

Problem:

We have 10 pivot tables.

The data source of them comes from an Excel table

The problem is that the excel table is becoming very huge!

Then we have the same data in an access db

Question:

How can we change pivot table data source from original excel table to new access db?

Is it possible to do this without rebuilding each of the 10 pivot tables?

Thanks

Not sure about directly answering your question but have you looked at Power Pivot

It will eat millions of records with ease.

http://www.powerpivot.com/

Thanks, I now that tool.

But my problem is different. I need to change pivot table data source from excel table to access db and I don´t know how! (I can do it rebuilding each of my 10 pivot tables, but I wonder if there is any way to do it without rebuilding them)

Thanks!

Have a similar question. I have a pivot table based on a 'Summary' sheet. I have appended new data to the Summary. How can I get the pivot table to now pull from the entire Summary rather than just the original section? Yes, I can re-create a new pivot table, but surely that's not necessary. I know I'm missing something obvious!

Using Excel 2003.

Thanks and keep up ALL the good work. Tons of good stuff here.

Deb

Oh, just found it! I knew it would be simple.

On existing pivot table, open the Pivot Table Wizard. Click BACK. That will go back to the data source dialog box. Then, I just extended the range to size I need now.

I would think a completely new source could be re-entered here.

Thanks again!

Back