• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

cannot modify or delete a custom slicer [SOLVED]

markfay

one big problem I can't get past with slicers is that that deleting or modifying a custom slicer does not work. The only way I have of modifying a customer slicer is to duplicate it, the modify box then pops up. I now have 11 custom slicers in various stages and cannot delete any. Is there some trick to get modify and delete to work.

The prompt dialogue boxes come up but don't actually do anything, I select modify but the modify box does not appear, I select delete and get the are you sure box, but then it doesn't delete it

i thought you could just select the slicer and hit the Delete key on your keyboard? or maybe Cut? i know i've done this before several times...

yes if I want to delete the slicer Jason yes, but I want to delete a custom style and select another and that doesn't work :-(

Good day markfay

Do you have slicers/tables that have the custom style applied to them, making Excel refuse to remove the style?

Markfay/Jt

Can you post your files for us to review?

Refer: http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

I too am having this same problem. This is the only place in all of the internet that anyone mentions this issue.

The file I have that this has happend to is too sensitive to post.

If create a new blank workbook and make a speedy pivot table and slice it works as expected.

Not sure what the issue is, but it drives me nuts!

UPDATE!!!!

Ok so I did some things (moved sheets, copied sheet, deleted sheets) and I have seemed to have found the problem.

My workbook has about 24 sheets and one of them was protected. That was stopping me from changing anything with the slicer styles. I unlocked the sheet and everything works as it should.

Hope this helps someone at some point!

Thank you Thank you and Thank you again. Wanted to let you know it absolutely helped someone today. Spent the last hour searching for a solution. Must have finally phrased it correctly for Google to reveal this page. Going to be one of the first places I look now when dealing with slicers!

Thanks for asking and answering this gem. Beat my head against it for only 10 minutes until I came across this. Awesome! Unprotect any protected sheets and it all works. Nice bug feature!

I too am having this same problem. This is the only place in all of the internet that anyone mentions this issue.

The file I have that this has happend to is too sensitive to post.

If create a new blank workbook and make a speedy pivot table and slice it works as expected.

Not sure what the issue is, but it drives me nuts!

UPDATE!!!!

Ok so I did some things (moved sheets, copied sheet, deleted sheets) and I have seemed to have found the problem.

My workbook has about 24 sheets and one of them was protected. That was stopping me from changing anything with the slicer styles. I unlocked the sheet and everything works as it should.

Hope this helps someone at some point!
Thankyou soooo much for this!

Back